Sunday, January 14, 2007

Life in a Nutshell

Ahhh, this picture harkens back to a time when life was simpler. It was 2 days before 9/11, 2 days before I went from my 20's to my 30's, 2 days after Steve and I had our first date (when he told me he didn't think we were compatible), one month before Jesse and Robyn got married, and about 20 pounds lighter (eek!), although also one child less. I tell you, I wouldn't trade Kinsey for those 20 pounds!
This was my birthday party at Jesse and Robyn's. Aliya was 2 and still eating moderately well (that's a whole other post I think, food according to Aliya). 2 days later the planes crashed into the World Trade Center and I turned 30, all in one day. And I was still recovering from my failed blind date with Steve. Apparently it just wasn't my week!


Fast forward 5 years.....





Are we still incompatible??

Too late now :-)










How about now???













Too late. He's smitten!!













Me too. And so is she (she loves her daddy!!)





And that, my friends, is my life in a nutshell. Well, most of it. Tune in for more mildly interesting posts.
Jenn

2 comments:

Leanna said...

Congrats and welcome to the blogger world!!! I am honoured to be your first comment. I am so glad we have met and look forward to many more play dates, with and WITHOUT kids!

Vicki said...

Can't wait to read your 100 list, I'll have to do it when I have time to enjoy it. Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging!