Alright. So this is going to be a Blogrant. Or a Brant. Or an E-rant. So this year, Steve decides to take the longest ski trip ever. Not that he doesn't deserve it. He works hard. He is always working. And he helps out so much with Kinsey. But I am only in day four of my "alone" time (which I have not spent a single moment alone) and I am tired, worn out, cranky, and downright tired of being by myself, but not by myself. I have just finished nursing Kinsey (she only slept for 2 1/2 hours). The first 30 minutes were spent with her screaming bloody murder because I, foolishly, thought maybe this time I would try giving her a bottle so she would sleep longer. Or to give my tired body a break. Not a chance soul sista. She's so used to being cared for by only me, that she revolts when she senses a chink in the armour that is her life and her eating. Right now, if I put my jacket on and she doesn't detect any movement towards putting her jacket on, the tears they start a flowin. Oh how my life, it is a suckin. I think I feel a country song in the writing. And just you wait. Steve is going to come home on Sunday hung over, tired, cranky, and he's going to spend the rest of the afternoon sleeping. I think I may have to sit at the end of the bed and stare at him with hairy eyeballs till he wakes up. *sigh* I know he deserves the trip. I know it's only once a year. But I am needing some alone time (really alone, with no kids) like you wouldn't believe. Well, now that I've ranted, I should patter off to bed as I'm sure Kinsey will be awake in a few hours. Hmmm....would it be mean to phone Steve and wake him up every time Kinsey does? Yah, I know......but it's tempting! Ciao.
Friday, January 19, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That last comment...that's kinda funny...cuz it's exactly what I'd be thinking:)
Post a Comment