- I have 2 daughters, Aliya (7) and Kinsey (8 months) and I love them to pieces (can I say I want to squeeze them till their feet turn blue????? ;-) )
- I am a teacher and
- I love my job but
- Marking and report cards suck and constantly remind me that
- I am the world's worst procrastinator (see??? I couldn't even put this as number one. I procrastinated it down to #5)
- I am currently into scrapbooking and card making but I don't want to be a stereotypical scrapbooker, so this blog is really keeping me in the "cool" zone
- Actually, when I say I'm into scrapbooking, I think it's more honest to say I like buying scrapbooking supplies, and very infrequently I actually make a card or a scrapbook page.
- I am a hideously disorganized person trapped in a highly organized, perfectionists body which means
- My life and home are chaotic and disorganized except where I have been able to organize them perfectly (check out my filing cabinet - it is labelled, organized into categories, colour coded, the works. Anything that isn't filed??? All over the freakin place)
- My husband Steve likes his life and home clutter free, but couldn't give a rat's a** whether it is organized so
- Guess what we fight about??? However,
- I love my husband very much. He is very kind, loyal and I know he loves me. And he puts up with me and understands me, which is very important.
- He is 13 inches taller than me and has no concept of the fact that when he puts things in a really high cupboard, surprise surprise, I can't see them!!
- I love love love our washer and dryer (not as much as my girls, mind you). If our house ever catches on fire I'm bringing the girls and the cat to the neighbour's and going back in for them. The dishwasher and the microwave??? I'll leave them to burn.
- Even though for the past 7 years I have filed my taxes using telefile, which does all the calculations for you, I still go through the entire package and calculate my taxes myself because I love doing the math.
- I taught math 10 in summer school for 2 years, and I would go home and do the questions myself that I assigned....and I enjoyed it....and sometimes I did extra questions.... ..because
- I love doing the math
- I need everything to be spelled correctly.....and pronounced correctly, with syllables properly emphasized (like saying Chinese Food, not Chinese Food) It's just one of those things.....I can't explain it.
- I am a total night owl. Like right now. It's 3 in the morning, and I'm doing my best blogging. Someone needs to do something about this. Quick.
- I love chocolate.....the darker the better (Green and Blacks 70% cocoa....mmmmmm)
- I hate pina coladas and getting caught in the rain (and I don't have half a brain - I have a full one - okay, maybe 3/4's)
- My cat Noah is the only thing in my life that has remained constant for the last 12 years
- So has the fact that I am the worst at cleaning his litter box before it gets to the point of no return. Another one of my procrastination victims.
- I love books. I love to read. And I love to keep my books in pristine condition. I am so anal about it, I won't let Steve borrow my paperbacks because he bends them and breaks the spine (double gasp!!!).
- I think after I get to #100, it will be clear to myself and all who read this that I need some professional help with all my eccentricities and perfectionist tendencies. In fact, some people may choose not to associate with me after they realize what I am really like :-)
- I am a very loyal friend and I forgive easily. In fact, some people have really upset me, but they will never know because I got over it before I saw them again. But if you are really mean to me or do something unforgivable, I will probably never talk to you again.
- I have a bizarre, sometimes witty, sometimes downright annoying sense of humour. But only with people I am comfortable with so
- When people first meet me, they usually think I am quiet, or snobby or aloof.
- When my brother and my dad and I get together, it usually turns into a contest to see who can get the best barb in. And usually we are all trying to say the same thing, since we all have the same sarcastic wit.
- We also can come up with a song that matches almost anything you say (Everything you say....we'll sing it for you (to the tune of Everything I Do... by Bryan Adams)) See?
- Pregnancy by Numbers: 2 pregnancies, 63 hours of labour, 8 cm dilated (that's in total over both pregnancies people), 2 caesarians, 12 ultrasounds, 1 D&C (while pregnant), 5 rounds of clomid, 2 fathers, 2 rounds of castor oil (eeeeeeew), one 12 days late (Aliya), one 8 days early, 2 hospitals, lots and lots of laughing gas, 2 epidurals, and 2 amazingly beautiful, healthy daughters
- When I was 5 I wanted to be a septic tank truck driver. I had no idea what septic was. I think I might be single if I had chosen that option (Hi, I'm Jenn, I work with sh*t)
- When I was 10 I wanted to be an architect so
- I spent most of my preteen years designing houses (cause that's all they do, isn't it??)
- I didn't get into PDP the first time I applied and
- If I didn't get in the second time I was going to move to Kitchener and take the architecture program at the University of Waterloo (another 5+ years of University)
- My favourite colour is red
- My favourite ice cream flavour is Mint Chocolate Chip
- My favourite coffee beverage is a single grande non-fat no-whip mocha, but
- I really dislike coffee
- Unless it's masked with lots and lots of milk and sugar and chocolate (or cinnamon dolce - whatever the heck that is!)
- I could spend hours and hours in Chapters. And thousands and thousands of dollars (if I had them).
- I sometimes buy children's books and read them just for fun (My latest purchase was the last Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants book)
- There are only 2 men in the world I would leave my husband for: Colin Firth (ohhh Mr Darcy!!) or Trevor Linden. Odd choice, I know.
- I could watch all six hours of A&E's Pride and Prejudice over and over and over and over.
- I have seen every episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer....three times. I only have the box set of season 6......Christmas ideas anyone???
- I actually thought it was a well written show with great depth of character....that may make me weird but it's not a far stretch given the other 46 things about me that you have just learned.
- My favourite band is Spirit of the West
- Barenaked Ladies are up there too
- I had my first "date" when I was in grade 5. Kent Schymanski took me to the Dairy Queen for a banana split (his parents came too)
- I had my first "boyfriend" in grade 7. Our relationship went like this: Do you want to go out? Okay. We held hands once. I went to his house once. He went on vacation and never called me when he got back. Does that mean we are officially still dating, since there was never a "I never want to see your face again" conversation?
- I had my first "kiss" when I was 13. His name was Shiloh (aaaaahhhh). We met on Texada Island and I was saying goodbye to him at the ferry, with my grandparents. We snuck down the dock and had a wee smootch. We were supposed to see each other a few days later, but he fell off a slide and broke his leg. I never saw him again.
- I had my first......oh never mind
- I went on a school trip in grade 8 to Russia (Leningrad and Moscow) and London. It was very cool.
- I went to the University of Utrecht in the Netherlands for one semester. It was not so cool. Because when I say I went to school, I didn't actually take any classes, because there were none available in English. So I paid for 15 credits of university, so financially it felt like I was going to school, but I learned nothing. Except that it sucks to pay for school and not learn anything.
- While I lived in the Netherlands I traveled to Belgium and France. There I learned that I don't know enough French to travel to French-speaking countries.
- While on the bus to France, I had to pee. There was no potty on the bus for the 9 hour drive. I left the bus at a stop and peed behind a pole (loooong story). While I was in the pants-down prone position, the bus drove away with all my ID and money. And I didn't know where I was. Or the phone number of the place I was staying. Or how to say "Holy crap my bus drove away" in Dutch. I dare you. Ask me how I got out of that situation.
- Also while I lived in the Netherlands I got a job with a professor from England. I was entering data from studies into her data base. I got paid handsomely for my work. But, as the Python boys always say "Money doesn't buy you 'appiness".
- I am a huge Monty Python fan and my brother and I can break out into "Pythons" at the drop of a hat.
- There's nothing an agnostic can't do when he doesn't know whether he believes in anything or not (one of my favourite Pythonisms)
- Your highness, you are like a stream of bat's piss.......WOT?????......I mean, you shine out like a ray of gold when all around is black (another fave)
- Someday I would like to go back to the Netherlands so I can truly appreciate the country.
- I would also really like to go to Scotland and "get back to my roots".
- It's very sad to say that I am one of those weirdos that likes the sound of bagpipes. It makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up.
- So does the ensemble music from Les Miserables, which I have seen 5 times and absolutely love.
- When I was a pre-teen I used to belt out the songs from Annie at the top of my lungs with my bedroom window open in hopes that a casting director from Annie would happen to be driving by and cast me in the musical. Apparently they don't come to Surrey.
- I used to sing in a barbershop choir called the Sweet Adelines. We even sang the national anthem at a BC Lions game. Don't worry, I didn't belt out songs at the top of my lungs in the choir.
- I can carry a tune, as long as it's not too heavy.
- I have played the following musical instruments: violin, clarinet, flute, tenor saxophone, baritone saxophone, trombone, trumpet, and piano. All in varying states of proficiency.
- I absolutely love having a bath. It is one of the most relaxing things on the planet. I do realize, however, that frequent baths are bad for the planet, which isn't so relaxing. So
- I try my best to be as environmentally friendly as I can in every other way to make up for my bath addiction.
- The movie "An Inconvenient Truth" was good, but has freaked me out. I want my daughters to grow up in a world that is going to survive. So everyone who is reading this better be doing their part to reduce their greenhouse gas emissions. Please!!
- I said Greenhouse gas emissions. Not gas emissions. Sheeeshh!!
- If Matthew Fox, Matthew Perry, Matthew McConaughey. Matthew (Matt) Damon, Matthew Modine, or Dave Matthews asked me to run away with them, I would seriously consider it.
- On of my favourite books when I was a child was "Danny the Champion of the World" by Roald Dahl.
- One of my favourite things to do at the beach is go "crabbing". That involves finding a fairly substantial rock, flipping it over, and watching all the crabs scurry away. We then try to catch the largest one we can and "sex" it. That didn't quite come out right. We figure out what gender they are.
- Incidentally, one of my least favourite beach activities is suntanning. Because it requires a bathing suit (no one needs to see that) and it's boring. And I have only 2 "tanning" phases. Burnt, and unburnt. Red or white. Crispy or non-crispy.
- I don't function very well with boredom.
- I love sleeping with a cat on the bed. There is something comforting about having a lump of fur sleeping on your feet. However
- Steve hates when Noah is on the bed, so
- When Steve is away (like right now), Noah sneaks onto the bed and sleeps beside me. Shhhhhh, don't tell Steve!!
- Also, when Steve is away on his yearly boys skiing trip, I sneak all my sisters-in-law over for our annual "Sis-In-Law Sushi Soiree" because
- I have the best sis-in-laws a person could ask for, but
- I don't let them sleep on my feet ;-)
- Up until two years ago I hated sushi. Now I eat sushi whenever I can. I've even started eating the raw stuff.
- My favourite sushi roll is a BC roll. Lucky I live in BC, huh? Smoked salmon sashimi is becoming one of my favourite non-rolls.
- Edamame rocks
- I am a very sentimental person. I have kept cards people have given me since I was a teenager. This might explain why my life is so cluttered. I have a hard time letting go of things that have any kind of sentiment attached.
- I just recently "let go" of all the notes I took in university. That's right. I kept every single scrap of notes from every single class I took at SFU. And grade 11 & 12. And it was hard to get rid of them (don't worry, I recycled them). However
- I kept all the papers I wrote.
- I wrote a lot of papers in University. And I should know. I still have all of them.
- My bookshelves are cluttered with books on how to de-clutter and organize. Maybe I should start by getting rid of those books.
- Ironically, my computer is highly organized and I send any and all files that are not used to the recycling bin. However, I have kept every e-mail that friends and family have sent me.
- I do erase voicemail messages though.
- Every night that Aliya is with me, we tell each other 3 good things about the day and 1 good thing about the other person.
- I try to laugh with Aliya every day (not at her)
- I try to be a good mother and
- I try to be a good wife and
- I try to be a good friend.
- The end...
Monday, January 15, 2007
100 Things About Me
100 things about me - can you stay awake past #10?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Just hoping that I am not one of those friends that really upset you - however it has been over 12 years and I am sure somewhere along the line I have done something horrible. Just don't tell me or else I will start to rumminate over it.
Great idea - maybe someday you can show me how to start my own blog. Then no scrapbooking would get done....
This is a pretty swell blog! And I thought mine was cool.....*sigh*.......can't wait to read more "things about you".
Oh yah, I really hope I'm not one of those people that have pissed you off, and if I am - you'll just have to get over it seeing as we're "related" and all.....hee hee
Your 100 list looks great! I am sure learning alot. Jay's fav. ice cream, btw, also mint chocolate chip. I will apologize ahead of time if I am ever one of those #26 friends...I really try to not be that! Can't wait to read the rest. Blog looks great.
Oh and HI TASSI!
Awesome list, I could relate to quite a few of those things (the ones you wouldn't expect someone else would...like keeping notes from forever ago...) And #28 - just ask Leanna:) Talk to you soon!
I am not really anonymous - just forgot my password. If I even had one in the first place!
Jenn your list of 100 is getting longer & I think edited... either that or else my memory is completely shot!
Wanted to say hello to Leanna - is that bad form on someone else's blog? Anyway seeing as I do not have a blog Leanna, you can email me at tlcredekop@shaw.ca or we can continue to long distance hello each other... ;)
Tassi
Unfortunately I'm sure I've been one of those people who really p%&*$ed you off, but luckily there's usually lots of time between visits to forgive me!! Your Dad & I enjoyed your "100 things". He wishes he had some of this material b4 he wrote his toast for your wedding and he's really grateful that you didn't include details of all your firsts :-)
Post a Comment