Happy Birthday, Canada, you big brute of a country. We all wore red and white in your honour. And to help you celebrate your big day, here's a list of the Top Ten Reasons I am Proud to be a Canadian.
10. If only so I can say I am NOT American
9. Our health care system may be in crisis, but at least families don't have to choose between eating and getting Johnny's huge head laceration looked at....
8. I will never have to regret voting for Bush.
7. Our money has colour.
6. The Barenaked Ladies are Canadian, so it must be cool!!
5. What fun it is to live in a country where pop that contains caffeine cannot be clear or colourless.
4. Our country is still young enough to have all it's hair and teeth.
3. Hockey...'nuff said.
2. We get all the benefits of American pop culture without having to live there.
1. Without Canadians, there would be a lot of people in the world running around with their flies open...on account of zippers not being invented.
So there you have it, Canada. Go on and enjoy the rest of your birthday.....while you still have your youth and good looks....
From the Skye/Weisner/Farmer Clan and all it's subsidiaries.
No comments:
Post a Comment