Monday, February 5, 2007

Sisters

When I was pregnant with Kinsey, Aliya really wanted me to have a boy. She said first of all that she didn't want Steve to be the only boy in the family (poor Steve). She also figured that everyone already had a daughter/grand-daughter/niece/great-grand-daughter and that there should be a boy in the family. Well, as you can all clearly see, that did not happen. But now that Aliya has a little sister (and a brother from another mother :-) ), she is really happy that Kinsey is a girl. I am also thrilled, because I always wanted a sister when I was younger, and I think there's something really special about the bond between sisters. I've had to be happy with my quasi-sisters (all my wonderful sis-in-laws), and I guess Robyn is the closest I will get to a sister (and I drive her nuts, so I think I'm doing my sisterly duty). I love watching Aliya and Kinsey together. It makes me smile all the way down to my toes!

Apparently sisters are made for pinching!!

Tickle tickle!

Aliya being incredibly patient with Kinsey!

1 comment:

Leanna said...

So Sweet! I hope you made it safely to Ontario. Cassie is excited to see Aliya tomorrow.