Tuesday, March 20, 2007

New-moan-ya

Well, well, well. After secretly guffawing at the rest of the family because they were all really sick and I wasn't, I have been smote by my comeuppance. I have pneumonia. It's not bad enough to lay me out completely (which might garner more sympathy and help from dear husband), but enough to make me tired and breathless and sore and all that. I think what I have is classified as "walking pneumonia" which is a milder form of it that seems to last FOREVER. I am actually sicker now than I was a week ago. Ahhhh, isn't life special?

The end result is I am extending my mat leave by at least a week, if not 2. Which I think is just as well, considering the school district is cheating me out of my last 3 weeks of mat leave. Too bad I had to get sick to get it.

In other, less whiny news, Kinsey finally got one of her top teeth. It's been coming and going for the past 2 weeks, along with her crankiness and bad nights (not to mention the horrific biting while nursing fiasco). She's also discovered that she loves finger foods. She's not too keen on me feeding her slop anymore. She wants to do it. So tonight all of us sat down and ate dinner together. And we all had the same thing (yes, even Aliya). We had fish and chips. Not the most nutritionally dense meal, but Kinsey really liked the fish. Imagine pureed halibut? Eeeeeewww!!

Kinsey is packing on the pounds now, and is starting to get a little chubby. She has a bit of a gut, but the teeny tiniest bum you will ever see. Gramma bought her her first pair of real walking shoes on the weekend and they are a size 4 1/2. She has absolutely huge feet!!! Or maybe her feet are normal size, but her el grande toe makes them seem big.

Well, that is really all that is new and exciting (well, exciting might be a stretch). Sorry I don't have any pictures to go along with this fabulous post. Probably better that there's no pneumonia pictures. That's just ugly.

TTFN

3 comments:

Leanna said...

You looked good today! Hope you're on the mend now and take the 2 weeks, you deserve it..and then we'll have more time to hang out...I always have to think about how can I benefit from this? lol

Leanna said...

BTW Aliya gave Cassie a make over....hehe..very stunning..I was trying to post the pics on my website but I stuck the memory card in the wrong slot and let's just say the evidence is gone, for now.
I deleted that comment, I spelt Aliya's name wrong...

Tassi said...

Glad to hear that you are feeling better - I have to say that even with 'walking pneumonia' you are more creative than me at scrapbooking. Glad you were able to extend your mat leave - by hook or by crook!