Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Got sleep????

Alright. I am sure there is no simple explanation for this. But maybe someone out there can shed some light onto why I am so freaking tired...... Is it that, despite being well into toddlerhood, Kinsey is still not regularly sleeping through the night? I dunno. The past few nights she has been up twice and I have trouble getting back to sleep after. Although last night I did go to bed at 6:45. And you would think that would ensure, despite 2 wake-ups, that I would wake up feeling refreshed. Nottachancehomegirl. Come to think of it, I can't recall ever really waking up refreshed.

Or maybe it's starting back to work and working 4 days a week. The start of the school year is always tres fatigue-ing. And I feel particularly fa-tee-gay. I have an awesome class, but its still a whole pile of work and stress and effort.

Maybe it's that my last Friday was spent standing in line at the passport office for two hours, only to emerge as an "unsuccessful applicant". And the knowledge that this Friday I will have to stand in line again. I'm exhausted just thinking about it.

Perhaps it's the more than 2 hours a day I now spend in my car every day commuting. I heard this commercial today. They said the average person who drinks and drives and kills someone gets about 6 months in jail. There's also about 2 years for white-collar crime. And then the average commuter spends three years in their car. They could at least put a bathroom and a bed in there if I have to do that kind of "hard time". Oh, and a big shout out to the brilliant planners who decided the Alex Fraser bridge needed "2 humps" right at the beginning of September commuter hell. Do they realize how much worse traffic is? Do they care? A pox on all their houses and BOTH their humps!!

Well, you can see I am posting this late. But I have been up doing school work, and I needed a bit of a rant before bed. I know most people have no sympathy for teachers and their 2 month holiday. But how many of you come home from a full days work and then sit down and do 3-4 hours more at home?

Calgon, take me away!!!

1 comment:

The Southern Skyes said...

Clearly you haven't heard - sleep is over-rated!